Saturday, November 26, 2011

My ADHD Blog #3 How to Read

After having purchased Out of Oz, the fourth and last book in my favorite series, on the day it was released, I hesitated to open the book at all. When my husband asked me why I haven’t been reading the book I was so anxious to get my hands on, I picked up the book, thought for a second and answered “If I start reading it, then eventually I’ll finish and it will be over.” I know it sounds childish, but I have really enjoyed these books!

I finally decided to open my book and before I realized it, I was about a third of the way through. I needed a distraction. Ironic, right? ADHD engage. We had a trip to the used book store this afternoon and I went a little bit crazy. My birthday mad money was burning a hole in my virtual pocketbook, so I bought three books on social responsibility, three work related books, a book for children who want to write fiction (which I’d like to read before giving it to my daughters), a quick read novel and Al Gore’s Nobel Peace Prize Lecture.

I’ve started three of the books, which are better than I expected, and I am going to reward myself tonight by reading a bit of Out of Oz. It seems more chaotic and obsessive here in writing than it does in my brainspace. I’m excited though, because tomorrow is housework & laundry day, so I’ll probably get a lot of reading done.

No comments:

Post a Comment